BLOGIX™ (“we” or “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to handling your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth.) (the “Act”).
1.1.1 Personal Information
Your personal information is not collected if you only browse the website.
BLOGIX™ may collect your personal information:
- directly from you;
- from a strata manager, owners corporation or other third party;
- when you lodge any information via the website;
- where you access and interact with the website; or
- from other sources.
If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide services to you or to fulfil one or more other purposes of collection of your personal information.
You acknowledge and consent that by providing your personal information to BLOGIX™ that BLOGIX™ may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected or for a related or ancillary purpose such as:
- to facilitate the provision of services to you or on your behalf by BLOGIX™;
- to facilitate the performance of contractual or other obligations imposed on BLOGIX™;
- to carry out or respond to your requests;
- for regulatory reporting and compliance with our legal obligations;
- to various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies to protect against fraud and for related security purposes;
- the publication of any report;
- to correspond or communicate with you or with third parties including but not limited to building managers, strata managers or owners’ corporations;
- for internal accounting and administration;
- to our successors and/or assigns;
- to provide offers that may be of interest to you; and
- to better understand your preferences.
You represent to BLOGIX™ that where you provide personal information to BLOGIX™ about another person, you are authorised to provide that information to BLOGIX™, that you will inform that person who BLOGIX™ is, how BLOGIX™ uses and discloses their information and that they can gain access to that information.
While care is taken to protect your personal information, unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet is guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, BLOGIX™ cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you send to BLOGIX™, receive from BLOGIX™ online or via an application. This is particularly true for information you send to BLOGIX™ via email or submit to BLOGIX™ via a website or application as we have no way of protecting that information until it reaches BLOGIX™.
1.1.2 Use and Disclosure
BLOGIX™ may use and disclosure the personal information it collects for any related or ancillary purpose as set out in this policy. This may include using and disclosing personal information to individuals and other organisations such as our staff, strata managers, owners’ corporations, outsourced service providers, marketing and market research advisors and payment platforms.
You expressly authorise BLOGIX™ to use your image or likeness in any of our advertising or marketing campaigns without fee. You may upon written notice to BLOGIX™ request that we cease using your image or likeness.
We use personal information that we hold about you to identify services and products that may be of interest to you. We may contact you by email or another digital service, phone, or post to let you know about services that may be of interest to you. You can contact BLOGIX™ at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing materials from BLOGIX™.
We collect your location through GPS, Wi-Fi, or wireless network triangulation in order to obtain your location for the purposes of providing the BLOGIX™ services. While you are logged in to your account and have location services enabled, we will continue to collect your location information in order to provide the BLOGIX™ services. We maintain location information only so long as is reasonable to provide those services and then delete the location data.
If you have a concern about your privacy or you have any query on how your personal information is collected or used, please contact BLOGIX™. We will respond to your query or complaint within a reasonable time. If our response is unsatisfactory for you, you may apply to the Office of Australian Information Commissioner to have the complaint heard and determined.
Changes to this Policy
European data protection laws
This section applies if you are based in the European Economic Area (EEA) during your interactions with BLOGIX™ and sets out the additional information that we are required to provide to you under European data protection laws.
Personal data has the same meaning as in Article 4 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and includes but is not limited to all information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, such as that person’s name, address, email address and bank account details.
Under European data protection laws, use of personal data must be based on one of a number of legal grounds and we are required to set out the grounds in respect of each use. We may process personal data only when the processing is permitted by the specific legal ground set out in the law.
Legal grounds for use of personal data
The principal legal grounds for our use of your personal data are as follows:
- Consent: where you have consented to our use of your information (you will have been presented with a consent form in relation to any such use and may withdraw your consent).
- Contract performance: where we are required to collect and handle your personal data in order to provide the services that we have contractually agreed to provide.
- Legal obligation: where we need to use your personal data to comply with our legal obligations.
- Vital interests: where we need to process your personal data in order to protect the vital interests of you or another natural person, e.g. where you require urgent assistance.
- Public interest: where we need to process your personal data in order to carry out a task that is in the public interest.
- Legitimate interests: where we use your information to achieve a legitimate interest and our reasons for using it outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights.
The legal grounds for our use of the sensitive categories of personal data are:
- Consent: where you have explicitly consented to our use of your personal data. You may withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data.
- Vital interest: where we need to process your personal data in order to protect the vital interests of you or another natural person where you or the other person is physically or legally incapable of giving consent.
- Legal claims: where your personal data is necessary for BLOGIX™ to establish, exercise or defend any legal claims.
- Substantial public interest: where we need to process your personal data for reasons of substantial public interest set out in EU law or the laws of the member state in which you are based.
- Public interest in area of public health: where we need to process your personal data for reasons of public interest in the area of public health, such as protecting against serious cross-border threats to health, set out in EU law or the laws of the member state in which you are based.